Summer is here and so is the heat! Now is when you need your air conditioner the most. However, this is a challenging season for your cooling season and increases the chances that it will encounter a problem.
If something seems wrong with your AC, it is best to reach out to a professional ASAP for your air conditioner repairs in Colorado Springs, CO. That is what our team is here for!
First things first, you may want to keep tabs on what your system sounds like while it is running. Odd noises are often a big indicator that you need to talk to a technician and have your system inspected!
These # Sounds Mean Trouble For Your AC System
Sounds such as hissing and others we’ve listed below are signs that your air conditioner is starting to encounter trouble. The sooner you have a technician investigate the source of these noises in your system, the better off you and your system will be.
- Hissing: The sound of hissing from your air conditioner is going to be an indicator of trouble that too many people miss. This is not the same as the sound of air passing through the system. Instead, hissing is created in one of two situations–the first, when you have leaks in your ductwork, or, second, when your system develops a refrigerant leak.
- Bubbling: You may also notice a bubbling noise alongside a hissing from your air conditioner. A bubbling sound may be created when air enters the refrigerant line, creating bubbles in the liquid. It may also be created when your condensate drain becomes clogged.
- Rattling: This is a noise that is going to lead to increasing trouble the longer it goes on. This is often a sound created by parts in the system that have begun to come loose, such as bolts or screws.
- Clanging: Another sound that means trouble for your air conditioner is clanging. This sound is likely to follow a rattling noise that has gone unaddressed for a while. The loose part that caused the rattling can lead to clanging when the part breaks free entirely and starts to bounce around and create additional damage.
- Buzzing or Humming: Are you hearing buzzing or humming from your air conditioner? Don’t ignore it! While this sound can be something created by a dirty filter that air is forcing its way through, more often this noise is created by electrical issues such as frayed wires.
- Screeching: One more noise to be on the lookout for is the sound of a screeching system. THis noise is usually created by metal scraping against metal, such as when your system’s blower motor belt dries out.
If you hear the noises listed above, it is best to talk to an expert on our team. We can tighten loose parts, lubricate dry belts, clean your refrigerant line and perform other maintenance and repair tasks.
So Cool. So Cozy. Reach out to SoCo Heating and Cooling today to schedule your next AC service.